THOUGHTS FROM THE SOUL

Memories that are kept forever for all of my friends

~Korean Foods~

14th May 2007, a day before i register myself for form six at GRSS, my new school. My gangs and i went out for dinner together at somewhere new as our final gathering with our friend who was going to leave KCH in three days time.

From the busy streets of Jalan Song, we came across a dark, quiet alley.......


(it's bright but quiet alley actually)
-
-
-
-
before reaching this...


KOREAN DA OM. BBQ HOUSE

Know where is it? well it is opposite a church (Chin Daw Methodist Church , Jalan Song to be exact) and somewhere near a pet shop named Animal _ _ __?? something something i can't really recall it. Anyways the interior was...... well okay but not really korean i guess ( i'm not very sure about the culture and traditions of Koreans). It looks like this......



hmm, i thought dinning tables for korean are similar to the ones that Japanese uses...... o well what to do. By the way, the owner of the shop and also most of her workers are Koreans! but there is only one that you could easily identify her as a korean, the tauke nio, where as the others look more like... errr.... local chinese? but my friend told me that they are Koreans. O?!
OK, now to cut the long story short let's just go to the menu.



This is actually my first time dinning Korean food so other than my own beverage.. the foods are all ordered by my friends because when i open the menu, i know nothing about Korean foods. Seriously, i was just scratching my head when i see all those foods.... so alien to me. Unlike Japanese food which i got the chance to eat it frequently , like sushi(so common), ramen and so on but korean food was like.. Huh?!? head blank. don't know what to order.



So i let the "elder' ones make the choices lo....and well, not to be rude or anything, as you know sometimes 'elders' can be slow while ordering...



( the waitress waited and waited and waited)

(and waited but still....... haiz no comment)

Then after prolonged delays.. the food were finally served, one by one.

(these are the appetizer)






hmm, okay... something new for me....








and now.. for the main course







Not what i had expected... i thought Korean BBQ were like in the Korean dramas.. we knee down while barbecuing the meats... you know what i mean if you watch korean dramas. But this is totally different. Another thing that i wasn't expecting was the food were really really spicy HOT@! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Is synonymous with THAI FOODS!!!! almost got my tongue burned! so i didn't really enjoy the food that day.


(peace in ... that's kenan right beside me.. he is the one taking the photos. THX KENAN)

Anyway, after that we had our dessert at Sunny Hill eating ice creams.. hehe to cool off the heat at my tongue. Sorry no pics for that..hehe That's all from me. PEACE OUT!